Sunday, April 1, 2007

We've Moved!

Well, the move finally took place this past week. What a stressful process. I now hope we never move again....and at that point, it's a move out west. But it all turned out well.

Just some random observations to get me back on track as to posting on my blog...there's so much more to be written about the move, but here's a few nuggets:

1. In most areas, we upgraded. But I do miss having a garbage disposal and an ice maker in our new kitchen. But not deal breakers.

2. I officially begin my first new commute in more than 8 years. Our two houses (one rental, one owned) were three doors apart, so my commute hasn't really changed since moving to the 'burbs of NYC. I'm going to miss having the freedom to walk out the door on my schedule to catch the train rather than having to have Kathryn load up the kids and drive me to the station.

3. We finally have a door bell that works.

4. Thrilled about having forced air (and that means central air, too). I'm thrilled to say adios to radiators and their non "on-demand" approach to delivering heat.

5. You know you're finally comfortable in a new place when you feel safe wandering around the house at night without turning on lights. That hasn't happened yet. I try it...but without success.

6. Why don't our bathrooms in our new place have toilet paper roll holders?

7. Why did the sellers take the mailbox? Odd.

8. Our neighbors have no idea what they're in for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we moved into our house, they took a tree and scooped up all the wood chips in the yard. We were glad they left the toilets and kitchen cabinets!-Liz S.