Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend, Pt. 2

So once the holiday weekend actually began, I took Caroline camping on the Father's and Daughters campout at Camp Liahona. I really dislike camping and wasn't looking forward to it at all. But I have to say it was actually wonderful.

For starters, camping with daughters rather than sons is a piece of cake. They are so happy and easy to care for. Caroline wanted to help put the tent up, then it was like playing house once we could get inside. The girls don't go running off into the forest or such. All the girls (it was mostly Primary-age range) played so nicely together and were inclusive. They built some things in the sand on the beach, and no one tried to destroy it.

For me, the value of the trip was seeing Caroline genuinely smile the entire time. I'd never seen that. It was such a treat for her to have Daddy all to herself and for it to be a 'girl time' instead of the brothers dominating.

Oh, and at 9 p.m., she said "I think it's time that I go to bed."

Not too bad....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I wish they did a Father/Daughter campout in our ward. Seems kind of exclusive when they don't.

Liz said...

So cute....girls are the best. By the way...I've tagged you. Check out my blog to get more details.