Saturday, September 13, 2008

New Noggin Schedule

This is a record for postings in one week!

So Noggin, the cable 'preschool' channel, changed their line-up after Labor Day.

As I get up with the wee ones a little before 6 a.m. every morning, it was a big deal to see how the schedule changed (as that's what I turn on and then try to fall back asleep).

It used to be 64 Zoo Lane at 6 a.m., and Obi (I think that's how it is spelled) at 6:30 a.m.

Zoo Lane is such a gentle, tame, nice show. A little girl lives near the zoo, and the animals come out each night to tell her stories from their days in the wild. It seems to be from Australia, but I don't know why I say that.

Obi is just plain weird. It's a puppet show without the puppets. Just the hands. Who came up with that? They put eyes on the hands, and that's the characters. Once there was a foot, too.

Well, those shows are gone. Now at 6 a.m. we have Wow Wow Woobzie. (Again, pardon spelling). Weird, but harmless.

6:30 is a big improvement: Max and Ruby. I think this is out of Canada, but it's a sister bunny, and her baby brother bunny. Just so fun and innocent. Favorite kids show out there right now.

For those keeping score at home, 5:30 stayed the same with Lazytown....a show that kids sit down and are inactive for to learn the benefits of not being lazy. Hmmm. I can totally do without that show....if I can convince the kids to turn to the 24-hour PBS channel, we can watch Arthur at 5:30, and that's actually pretty engaging to the adult in the room.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Lazy town totally bugs....i never let my kids watch it.
BTW, feel free to EVER comment (or at least read) my blog!