Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation, Day 6

Thursday, July 10

Matthew will now pee in the ocean, but doesn't go out far enough....just stands at the edge of the water and goes. Ah well, it's saving me a trip to the restrooms.

We see dolphins today! They're out a little ways, but they are definitely there. They stick around for a while.

Kathryn got a jogging stroller for the trip that is great for allowing Sammy a way to fall asleep on the beach. The only challenge is pushing it across the sand from the stairs to the water's edge, which in Coronado is a hefty distance. Pushing it makes me think what it must have been like to push a handcart, though I guess that was more work, with less of a pay-off (i.e. a beautiful beach).

That night, we somewhat impromptu-ly decide to go to the San Diego temple. John's wife Jennifer agrees to drive us in their car....perhaps it's a bit weird to arrive at the temple with one man, and two women, both with the same last name as the husband. Ah well.

I had a really peaceful time at the temple and am so glad we went! I think I can't fully 'unwind' when I go to the Manhattan temple because I'm trying to figure out which train I'm going to take home. But just sitting in the chapel waiting for the session was so peaceful, reading 2 Ne 10 (I'm not doing so well on my reading). It was all about just "being in the moment".

That temple is a bit over the top....the only thing they didn't include were cup holders in the chairs. Looking around the session, perhaps that would have been a good idea.

No comments: